Please use the search to find another job.
Senior Financial Complaints Handler
About the Role
Working in a highly progressive business environment, you will be part of dynamic, highly professional team. The business pride themselves on offering the highest level of customer service and are constantly looking at ways of developing and improving their process to ensure all customers receive a consistent, first class, service.
The Senior Financial Complaints Handler will be responsible for handling complex complaints from start to finish ensuring the quality and resolution of all complaints is in line with SLAs and agreed business expectations. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a complaints role, with knowledge of the financial service or pensions sector.
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary of between £28,000 and £30,000 depending on experience, up to £7k personal bonus a year, as well as the opportunity to share in a companywide bonus scheme & an extensive flexible benefits package worth circa £4.5K. The office is also in a great City Centre location with excellent transport links.
As a Senior Financial Complaints Handler you will:
• Receive customer complaints via telephone, email and post
• Listen, probe and analyse complaints to determine the underlying needs of the customer
• Provide end to end complaints resolution, with a professional service at all times, in accordance industry regulations and company policy
• Resolve customer queries with agreed authority, investigating the cause of any complaints
• Make a final decision on the merits of the complaint
• Compose and send letters to customers outlining final decisions clearly and professionally
• Investigate regulated complaints and those that have been escalated to the regulating body
• Proactively identify and report any trends in complaints to the Customer Relations Manager
• Work to contribute to team, department and company goals and SLAs
The ideal Senior Financial Complaints Handler will hold the following skills and experience:
• Previous experience working within a complaints or Financial Services environment with knowledge of pensions or more complex financial products is highly beneficial
• Exceptional written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in a simple and clear manner producing professional and articulate letters
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to identify the customer issue
• Ability to multi-task, handle complaint volumes efficiently and think on your feet
• Highest standard of integrity and honesty
• Confidence to learn and develop through continuous training and development
• Ability to work on your own initiative and be a team player
• Keyboard and PC literate, MS Office Skills