SQL Database Contractor
About the Role
3-4 month contract
You will be responsible for the implementation, configurations and maintenance of the databases that underpin almost all applications that form part of services provided. The aim is to create a DBA team that is cross-cutting across all (Local and Central Government, Health, Education and Private Sector) parts of the business. This role is a necessary part of any Business As Usual (BAU) IT operational team. The remit of this role will span across the Public Sector/BPO Sector.
- Commissioning, configuration and supporting Oracle and/or MS SQL databases
- Deliver on the database best practice methods to support a variety of databases supporting multiple applications.
- Maintain the required levels of patching and security controls to the databases
- Ensure the correct levels of licensing are applied to any new and maintained databases
- Serve as the escalation point for technical assistance and service requests
- Ensure standards/best practice are maintained and contribute to the documentation when required
Skills & Experience
- A robust knowledge of databases and practical hands on experience of maintaining them
- Proven experience in a support team environment
- Experience on MS SQL Server and/or Oracle databases, preferably both with associated Operating Systems experience.
- Experience of managing databases across multiple application stack and configurations as part of a BAU operation
- Experience in writing database scripts and SQL.
- Experience of supporting a wide range of set-ups and sectors
- Experience of operating multiple OS (Solaris and Windows) and the ability to execute any required database operations
- Experience of working within or an understanding of public sector business and Shared Services operation will also be advantageous.