Contact Centre Service Manager
About the Role
One of Which?’s service providers of the year with 93% of their members recommending them, this is an organisation which stands head and shoulders above the rest! This is a dynamic and growing organisation, with superb 'trendy' offices, providing on-site parking.
Due to an internal promotion, they are looking for someone to lead their Customer Service department. It answers 80k calls per hour and has 150 FTE. It’s a growing department not least because of a national rollout of one of their newest products.
- Responsible: for the overall operational effectiveness of your department. Working with the planning team and your customer service managers you ensure that 95% of calls are answered (80% within 60 seconds) over the long term.
- Learning: in collaboration with the training team you develop programmes that comprehensively identify and meet learning needs within your department, with the aim that our advisors fix problems first time round (FCR)
- Manager performance and support: you know your customer service managers inside out. You identify areas for their development through observation, managing by walking about, and reviewing a range of reports. You support your managers through coaching, feedback sessions, and regular one to ones.
- Customer service performance: working with your customer service managers, team leaders, and the training team, you lead group efforts to drive advisor performance
Experience & Skills Required:
- Customer service leadership: you are a customer service professional with extensive experience of working in contact centres.
- You will have experience of working within a large contact centre environment Circa 150 FTE + with managers reporting directly to you
- Experience of working within a regulated environment would be beneficial.
- Stakeholder management - you are an influential ambassador for your department and adept at building great relationships across the business.
- Results focused: you instinctively know what success looks like, you are focused on outcomes for the business and our members. You are accountable for the performance of your department.
- Adept at change management: we love change! You are someone that can manage change effectively and fully supports the needs of the business. You ensure that change is supported by your team through constant communication and consultation.