Please use the search to find another job.
Director of Planning
About the Role
You will create and deliver the overall, annual, costed resource plan for all scheduled colleagues and equipment that build the requirements of long, medium and short term forecast plan and schedule, enabling the organisation to deliver a reliable and delightful service for their customers 24 hours a day 365 days a year (across field based and contact centre teams)
The successful candidate must have a high degree of personal resilience, outstanding problem solving and risk management skills
More about the position –
- You will determine the resource levels that are flexible to be responsive to planned and unplanned customer needs and deployed with the right skills, in the right place at the right time.
- Accountable for developing strong collaborative relationships across Production, Customer Delivery and the wider business to ensure that customer commitments for contact handling and service delivery are achieved and prioritised appropriately to the situation in hand.
- Developing the talent and team with great analytical skills, strong situational awareness, good listening skills and effective communication skills to ensure that the operational command of our variable resources are effectively deployed around the clock.
- Understanding and ownership of the key variables, system configurations and decisions that enables optimal resource utilisation.
- Develop and enrich a great data set that anticipates and informs our demand profiles, working closely with your Technology team to shape and delivery the future technical capability to deliver right first time.
- Optimise the planning and scheduling model to enable full utilisation of all available resource in the most efficient way, ensuring a great experience for customers at any time of the day.
- Provide end to end strategic vision to enable a centralised planning environment that works
Experience Required –
Senior Planning and Scheduling expertise ( field based, site based and contact centre planning) for large scale organisations essential
Finance background, experience with creating business plans
Healthy senior leadership level network that is external, across sectors, to current role/responsibilities
Track record in brilliant leadership skills that can successfully create, inspire and lead a wide range of front line operational teams
Notable experience of delivering a high standard of customer service
Exemplify and bring to life core values of outstanding safety management and customer service.
Broad range of influencing skills with experience related to official bodies, union partnerships and board level achievements.
Strong commercial awareness of impact and benefit delivered via a set of proven numeracy and quantitative analysis skills which underpin robust operational plans
Root cause analysis in order to identify and resolve complex business issues