Please use the search to find another job.
Financial Crime Operations Specialist
About the Role
You will be conducting complex investigations of Sanctions and PEP potential matches. Ensuring that robust steps are taken to mitigate Financial Crime risk and that clear audit trails are recorded; and Undertaking Enhanced Due Diligence with Customers who are identified as Politically Exposed Persons in line with regulatory expectations, and escalating completed files to the Nominated Officer / Money Laundering Reporting Officer for approval.
In addition, you will provide support to FC Analysts in the team in relation to:
- Transaction Monitoring investigations escalations
- Customer Due Diligence queries in relation to paper proofs received
- Identification of higher risk customers
- Handling of requests for information from law enforcement or other relevant authorities.
As a subject matter expert, the role will keep abreast of industry developments and initiatives and guide the business to ensure Financial Crime risks are understood, mitigated and controlled.
Skills & Experience required
- Strong technical knowledge of Anti-Bribery, AML and Sanctions and good technical knowledge of other financial crime areas such as Financial Crime, Politically Exposed Persons, Proceeds of Crime Act and the regulatory requirements around Know your Customer and Know your Business
- AML/Compliance experience in a Financial Services setting
- Experience of using financial crime tools such as CIFAS, SIRA, HUNTER
- Qualifications or training relating to AML/Compliance
- Knowledge of the UK’s Money Laundering Regulations and HMT sanctions regime