Please use the search to find another job.
Head of Contact Centre
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Head of Contact Centre to lead a team of managers who are responsible for the day to day management of the contact centre. We are seeking a ‘hands on’ operator with a balance between operations and strategy. You will create and maintain a working environment which is performance focused, inclusive, motivated, engaging and celebrates success, as well as liaise closely with Client Management teams (and clients themselves).
You will have responsibility for ensuring the teams drive performance to deliver cash collection, quality targets and achieving good customer outcomes and ensuring adherence and compliance to regulation, policy and process.
- Manage staff performance and development, developing clear, concise development plans and ensuring these are translated into realistic objectives the output of which is monitored against performance
- Ensure focus on quality, risk and continuous improvements are at the heart of the department and are managed in accordance with requirements
- Delivery of collections contact centre performance against the forecast for P & L
- Monitor & manage given SLA’s
- Quality assurance results and other key conduct measures meeting or exceeding internal, external and regulatory expectations for the achievement of good customer outcomes
- Manage operational costs for department as agreed within cost budgets and forecasts
- Liaise with clients and the client management team in order to ensure delivery against contracted standards
Experience, Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Operational management experience in collections driving multiple teams’ performance whilst maintaining high engagement. Highly desirable.
- Ability to understand all commercial aspects and translate these in to P&L contribution, using this knowledge to deploy changing tactics to maximise performance.
- Financial Services or business outsourcing industry experience
- Track record of working within a regulated environment
- Demonstrable commercial and business awareness with experience in making significant business decisions as and when needed
- Proven record of delivering high standards of customer service and experience
- Practical knowledge and application of all regulations applicable to debt collection e.g. FCA, OFCOM, TCF, CSA, Lending Standards and experience in managing volume production in this environment
- Experience of working with demanding clients and adhering to stringent service standards and expectations
- A high level of leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop large groups of people through several levels of management