Head of Collections
About the Role
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Collections for a highly regarded and market leading business based in Northamptonshire. This role is paying between £75,000 - £85,000 + bonus + Car allowance & other fantastic benefits which will be discussed on application.
This position reports directly in to the Directorship and forms part of the Senior Leadership team. You will be tasked with leading and engaging the Collections team on a day to day basis as well as responsibility for the development and delivery of the department to ensure smooth control and the effective collection of arrears from the businesses customers.
As the Head of Collections and member of the Operations senior leadership team you will also play a key role in the delivery of the businesses strategy.
• Lead the Collections team on a daily basis, owning, driving all aspects of the performance across team process including inputs and outputs, compliance and regulation plus other standards.
• Develop and lead businesses collections activities to improve customer experience and satisfaction which in turn will improve commercial performance.
• Driving the strategic agenda across the business
• Working in partnership with both the Credit Risk function and the Operational Excellence function
• Take ownership of complex customer queries operating and commercial issues.
• Develop and implement plans which will drive efficiency and effectiveness in the department
• Develop and launch plans which will improve the collections function
• To Lead and contribute to change management initiatives within the business which make improvements at both the strategic and tactical levels.
• Management of key outsourced relationships and liaison with key partners.
Required Skills and Experience:
• A strong analytical and strategic thinker
• Proven experience operating in both B2C and B2B environments
• Previous senior management experience within collections and recoveries environment
• A robust nature with the ability to react appropriately and effective to changing circumstances and demands.
• Experience of managing outsourcing services and suppliers
• Significant experience in complex collections management
• Proven experience of influencing key business stakeholders
• A minimum of 5 years Relevant Head of Collections experience
This position is a fantastic opportunity to work with a forward-thinking organisation who are going through a period of change. If you feel you would like to find out more, please get in touch.