Senior Modelling Analyst
About the Role
To support the Decision Science-Strategy team in the identification, development and testing of innovative, alternative strategies and processes to continuously improve performance of portfolios in the UK Group. Business intelligence and insight will be provided using all available internal and external data and trends to help deliver the Company’s objective of being a market leader in their field
You will be a 'Key contributor' within a best in class analytics function that is responsible for the management, development and analysis of existing loan portfolios and potential portfolio purchases to improve collections performance.
£50-£55K + bupa, 6% pension, 25 days holiday (raising to 27) & bonus up to 15%
- Development of the Modelling infrastructure; which includes modelling datasets, model scoring and model monitoring
- Development of statistical models, (predictive and descriptive) using internal and external data to support customer contact activity.
- Analyse data to produce, evaluate, interpret and analyse a range of statistical and written information in order support recommendations that will have a positive impact on policy and strategy
- Support the identification of value adding opportunities, through proactive analytics into any variances in performance and identify underlying causes.
- Contribute towards regular updates of any business improvement solutions.
- Support the progression of a high performing analytics team, exploring with a range of tools and techniques and undertaking training within the team
- Deep dive into large and complex data to produce innovative and insightful analysis of historical trends and customer behaviours and debt purchase performance
- Contribute to Strategic Business initiatives by delivering analysis that shapes the executive decision making process
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within a Data Science and Customer Insight environment
- Experienced in developing models (predictive & descriptive) using techniques such as Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, CHAID, Random Forests, Cluster Analysis, Discriminant Analysis
- Experience of working in a heavily regulated environment.
- Experience in using internal and external data and insight to support recommendations that shape business strategy and improve performance
- Ability to work as part of a team, pro-actively, multi-task and deliver
- Competent communication, interpersonal and listening skills – ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to present complex and detailed data in a format that aids debate and discussion across the business
- Experience in the use of Business Intelligence, Analytical and Statistical packages (e.g. SQL, SAS, SAP Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, R)