Please use the search to find another job.
Head of Customer Service & Strategy
About the Role
Brand new organisation entering the UK market with an extremely exciting and 'market disrupting' online product. Cutting edge technology coupled with a market leading team from some of the biggest online brands in the UK. This incredibly unique opportunity requires a proven Head of Customer Service to lead both the Customer Service & Support teams, as well supporting the field team of Delivery Specialists that will be delivering products to customers. This will only be a small team to start off with which is why this position will suit a 'cutting edge' specialist, someone who has worked in smaller teams delivering CS across all digital channels.
Joining a start up at its birth is a rare opportunity – you’ll find yourself in a job that is full of energy and purpose, with a sense that anything’s possible. You won’t be inheriting a strategy or a team, you’ll be coming in to build them from scratch and you’ll play a vital role in the growth of the brand and business.
Unprecedented Customer Service is the key differentiator for this organisation, especially with their early adopters, is vital to how they build trust in the brand and is therefore critical to their growth ambition.
You’ll ensure the support provided to customers is exemplary. You’ll also lead the way on defining what best in class, digital and data driven customer service should look like. How do they utilise live chat, email, social media and messenger services? What is the role for AI in the customer service strategy, and how do they efficiently offer 24/7 service support? How will the support which customers receive tie into everything else they see and hear about the brand? You won’t find a customer service strategy in place waiting for improvement, you’ll be coming in with a blank sheet of paper and be given the opportunity to make it amazing from the start.
If you’re highly motivated, can handle ambiguity, you’re customer obsessed and want to build an amazing brand, then this is an opportunity that could really change your career!
- Lead customer service strategy and operational delivery across office and field based customer service teams
- Recruit, train, lead and develop a best in class customer service function
- Define the role for automated and data driven customer service across telephony, video conferencing, live chat, social media, email, messenger services and voice enabled connected devices, keeping your finger on the pulse of new, emerging channels
- Work in partnership with the wider Customer Experience, Product, Commercial and Logistics teams to deliver category leading NPS, CSAT, brand advocacy and customer retention
Desired skills and experience
- Extensive experience of leading customer service strategy and operations in B2C, digital consumer brands
- Experience of utilising data and technology to build efficient, always on customer service channels
- Experience of leading both office based and field based customer service functions and developing bespoke recruitment, training and development programs that deliver category leading levels of customer service and engagement
- Exceptional leader that creates high performing, highly engaged teams
- A career trajectory that evidences high ambition, high impact on teams and business outcomes and a growth mind set
- Social, smart, pragmatic