Please use the search to find another job.
Head of Resource Planning
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a highly experienced Head of Resource Planning for a growth focused business based in Durban, South Africa.
Due to us being a UK based organisation we can only accept applications from candidates living outside of South Africa, but willing to re-locate.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, strategic and commercially astute individual who is looking to carve an enviable career path. You will compile staffing level requirement forecasting as well as workplace scheduling in the call centre. Also, you will prepare reports which determine call volume, calling patterns, service trends and staff productivity.
The ideal candidate will have experience in workflow/workforce management and monitoring of real-time call volumes off-call activity and service levels.
About the role:
• Communication of key service level impacts with proposed resolutions to key stakeholders
• Developing & translating medium term demand and capacity forecasting model
• Provide recommendations to the operations to support with efficiencies and improving the service delivered to the customer whilst analysing any changes made
• Create management reports in relation to key business areas
• Maintain capacity plans for business functions
• Analyse resource information to identify trends and provide meaningful insight to the operation
• Gathering call data for higher level resource planners for analyses which allows to determine call volume trends, service activity or resource availability to forecast required staffing levels and provide reporting to management.
Required Skills and Experience:
• A strong analytical individual (software experience on IEX)
• A strong background in leading a business function in large Contact Centre
• Significant experience in growing resource planning environments
• Proven experience of influencing key business stakeholders
• A detailed knowledge of workflow management
Please send your CV through and follow up with Matt Affron on 01905 330 794.