Please use the search to find another job.
Application Support Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for an IT Application Support Engineer, you will be working in a fast paced and demanding environment where you will become a subject matter expert for the support and troubleshooting of our bespoke inhouse IT applications.
The role will be spent ensuring that the companies business applications run smoothly, effectively and efficiently and you will be required to provide insights for improvements.
- Ownership of Service Desk to completion and provide customer focussed feedback
- Troubleshoot both the applications client UI and backend database related issues and communicate issues back to the teams
- Identify patterns within the IT applications that the company can translate into system improvements or changes.
- Manage and take ownership of all scheduled jobs and report activity to ensure completion
- Creating reports using SQL for stakeholders and managing SSRS reports.
- The role is part of the Service Desk team – you will be required to assist the Infrastructure team on various tasks & activities (onboarding/offboarding, deskside troubleshooting, application deployments)
- Previous experience working in 2nd/3rd tier application support and administration position…
- Experience/ Knowledge of relational database management systems' (RDBMS) and Business Applications design.
- Hands-on experience of T-SQL/MySQL and SQL Server - Scripting, Stored Procedures, Links.
- Working with both Development/Engineering teams
- A passion for innovation and technology - Reporting through Excel and SSRS, Data Interrogation/Analysis
- Experience of PowerShell scripting.
- Ideally knowledge of LAN, WAN, SQL & DBA functions
- Not essential – a working knowledge of cloud-based technology and concepts (IaaS/PaaS / Windows Azure/ AWS)
Please contact Matt Affron 01905 330 794