Resource Planning Analyst (remote working)
North West England
About the Role
The successful candidate will be accountable for resource optimisation withing Operations through effective Forecasting, Planning, Scheduling and Utilisation of resources to achieve departmental SLA’s and meet business demands. You will evaluation of performance across the function, providing analysis and recommendations to increase efficiency, reduce cost or risk and inform operational and strategic decisions. You will work remotely with occasional travel.
- Create and maintain a workforce planning/optimisation solution for Operations
- Monitor actual and forecasted FTE against budgeted plans, challenge and investigate/understand any variance to plans.
- Produce accurate and fit for purpose schedules ensuring resource is deployed in line with plan to achieve service level targets
- Analyse variances in actual v’s forecast performance. Build learning into re-forecasting and share findings to drive performance improvements and KPI/SLA achievement.
- Analyse performance and business information, make recommendations to achieve cost and/or operational efficiencies
- Initiate `what if’ scenario planning analysis / evaluations to support changing business requirements.
- Undertake root cause analysis where service issues arise, make recommendations to stakeholders to mitigate future reoccurrence
- Work with stakeholders across the business to identify potential peaks and troughs in workload volumes or resources to reduce risk and impact to customer service and operational costs.
- Knowledge of the key principles of Resource Planning methodologies
- Experience in workforce planning and optimisation in front and back office operations
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Experience in presenting data and business information to teams and management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of telephony applications and Workforce Management systems