Please use the search to find another job.
Operations Manager - (FTC until August 21)
About the Role
Role: Operations Manager – Vaccine Site Manager (FTC until August 2021)
Location: Worcestershire - travel will be required in and throughout Worcestershire (own car essential)
Job Purpose: As part of the Governments rollout of the COVID vaccination process, this role will take responsibility for the day-to-day management and co-ordination of activity across the Worcestershire Mass site administering the COVID vaccine, ensuring safe and efficient patient flow.
This role requires extensive planning and change management to satisfy amendments to delivery demands very quickly.
The role holder will deal with the public and managing complaints and will need to anticipate and resolve service delivery issues for the Worcestershire programme.
It is essential the role holder builds effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders, and has a clear resourcing plan to achieve delivery, using data amassed from all other site managers.
Reporting to the Programme Manager the Operations Manager will:
- Plan and control the Worcestershire COVID vaccination programme in line with national requirements.
- Ensure all clinical and management processes are robust, considering alternative methods of efficiency to maximise safely the number of patients vaccinated.
- Ensure clear communication strategy and plan
- Be accountable for safe storage of the vaccine and maintaining cold chains.
- Be accountable for the data capture and administration across all sites
- You will need a strong operational management background gained in a fast-moving environment with responsibilities for: workforce management, recruitment, data and a number of people across a variety of workstreams
- Background in running medical operations or contact centre operations would represent good experience with transferable skills
- Any experience of manging NHS type operations would be preferable but not an essential as there will be a number of medical staff on each site to support clinically.
- In conjunction with the HR team ensure we have a high performing and consistent ‘pool’ of workers that can deliver high quality patient care during the vaccination site opening hours to the national requirement.
- Support the organisation in meeting all its obligations to vaccinate Worcestershire patients, working with all stakeholders to ensure a smooth efficient service.
- Ensure statistics and data as required are developed and distributed as required in a timely manner.
- Continuously seek to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the process.
- Develop excellent external/internal relationships with appropriate stakeholders to achieve the smooth running of the services.
- To be responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff to fulfil clinical requirements.
- Responsible for the effective management of the performance of staff and feedback on issues.
- Keep abreast of changes to the national programme and be agile in ensuring processes align very quickly to changing demands.