Vulnerable Customer Lead (Remote Working)
North West England
About the Role
You will be responsible for co-ordinating the work of Vulnerable customers across the Operations function. The successful candidate will provide independent objective assurance to each team within Operations and to the Head of Operations, ensuring that each interaction is met with a positive outcome for the customer in line with the Vulnerable Customer Policy, Framework and Procedures. You will also provide support and guidance to colleagues across Operations ensuring compliance with our Vulnerable Customer Policy and Framework.
Current working arrangements are 100% remote working due to COVID 19. Future working arrangements will require occasional travel to HO (North England)
- Responsible for the Vulnerable Customer Policy within Operations and ensure external changes are applied and implemented into Operations.
- Review the ongoing Vulnerable Customers across Operations and ensure all customers are being dealt with in line with the Vulnerable Customer Policy.
- Complete outcome testing on conduct risk activities to demonstrate that the right outcomes have been achieved for the customer.
- Provide assurance to the appropriate committees that our Vulnerable Policy is being adhered too and appropriate to, preventing any undue pressure or further detriment.
- Identify trends and gaps in policies procedures, strategies and system
- Escalation of Risks to Head of Operations of 1st Line Risk
- Co-ordinate updates to the Operations Team on how Vulnerable Customers are being dealt with and deliver improvements.
- Deliver and maintain effective management information that meets the operational needs of the key stakeholders.
- Engage proactively with business stakeholders to influence timely and effective remedial action in response to compliance monitoring activity.
- Review external & Internal assurance and audit reports and implement creative actions.
- Take responsibility for personal and team training and development consistent with the culture of treating customers fairly.
- Knowledge of the FCA guidance on Vulnerable Customers
- Have an understanding of financial service regulation i.e. Vulnerable Customers, Safeguarding, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Passionate about protecting Vulnerable Customers