Please use the search to find another job.
Forecasting & Planning Development Manager
About the Role
We are actively searching for a Forecasting & Planning Development Manager to lead a team of Analysts in a period of rapid change and transformation.
The successful candidate will oversee the workforce management forecasts across multi-site contact centres. While some workforce management processes are well developed, in conjunction with outsource partners, planning activities in other markets are still being developed. The successful candidate will move at speed to optimise workforce requirements across all teams in order to maximise performance whilst keeping waste to a minimum. We require candidates who can hit the ground running; a self-starter who is comfortable in creating and implementing procedures from scratch, and who would revel in the opportunity to make a significant mark on the business.
The role will be working closely with the Bid team to support new contract opportunities. Alongside this there will be responsibilities to monitor the effective utilisation of the workforce, monitoring Scheduling performance, tracking holiday and to provide support to the Forecasting Leads within the team.
- Create monthly, weekly, daily, and hourly forecasts of contact volumes and staffing requirements across multiple channels, markets, and lines of business based on historical trends, special events, and business growth objectives
- Support Workforce Management related projects with outsource partners
- Establish a contact and staffing forecast for all markets and clearly communicate forecasted workload, changes, assumptions, inputs, etc to the outsource partner and key stakeholders
- Data analysis, trending analysis, and preparation of hourly, daily, and monthly contact centre performance reports
- Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture, setting clear goals and objectives, monitoring team performance, identifying training needs and providing support and appropriate coaching.
- Working closely with the Lead Forecasters to establish a positive team environment which enables individuals to meet their personal goals.
- Support the Bid team, requiring Commercial awareness
- Organisational skills are key, often working with challenging deadlines and multiple projects, with the ability to identify knowledge or information gaps and engage the wider team.
- Communication skills to gain the most relevant knowledge, ability to converse with a range of stakeholders that will have varying levels of input.
- Strong decision making skills, a keenness to develop processes and structure within the team as well as good time management skills, that can be utilised to mentor the team in their day to day roles to maximise productivity.
- Collaborative and influencing skills to work confidently at all levels from Director to Agent. The ability explain complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Support the team with the provision of regular workforce-related reporting and data gathering
- Work with wider operations to account for changes that will impact Contact Centre volumes
- Identify methods for improving forecast accuracy through analysis of contact and resource data
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Workforce management experience in a contact centre environment essential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven experience analysing, interpreting, and summarising complex data
- Proven experience of producing accurate intraday / interval workload forecasting models using statistical techniques
- Highly numerate, with significant experience of using Excel or Google Sheets for data collation and analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in workforce management technology, forecasting, and scheduling methodologies in a contact centre environment
- Proven track record of creating strong relationships with customer care operations and support teams, finance managers and business intelligence analysts
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential