About the Role
Our Client is looking to source an experienced Transformation Programme Manager with a strong experience in end to end delivery based preferably in commuting distance of the West Midlands. The role is currently home based with occasional travel to site in Staffordshire (if required) - The business are following the government road-map and the role will eventually become a 50/50 (home/ office position).
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading brand and join an inspirational leader and be part of a new chapter for the organisation. The successful candidate must be self-motivated and organised individual who can work on their own initiative but is also influential in bringing others along a journey towards the successful delivery of any programme of work they are responsible for, spanning a multitude of work streams.
The role for a Programme Manager will be to join a NEW transformation programme team, implementing a new processes, people initiatives, technology. Joining the successful team of Programme Managers, Project Managers and Business Analysts, the role is suited to an experienced Programme Manager with proven experience in delivering multiple high value projects within a Retail & OR Wholesale sector.
- Translate the shape and overall strategy for the business needs.
- Takes overall ownership for all aspects of programmes (some inter-connecting) and large work streams from initiation to delivery, so that projects are completed on time, to the required scope & objectives, and within budget.
- Identify and changes that need to be taken into account and implemented across the business in conjunction with the programme/ project scope
- Engage cross functional teams as and when appropriate to make sure they're represented in the programme.
- Set out a programme governance structure for all of your projects - defining stages and decision makers.
- Ongoing evaluation of performance of multiple ongoing projects. Including those being led by others in the transformation team.
- Design, communicate, manage and implement the programme plan for completing the project, and tracks progress and performance against Identifies, resolves, or escalates issues and risks in order to ensure full awareness and to minimise delays.
- Leads and manages the analysis of project requirements, identifies and understands the cost estimates, resources, and time required to complete the project(s), and ensures project goals and requirements are met within time, cost, and quality.
- You will be tasked with delivery of new products or services driven through the programme team to meet business requirements and optimise quality, time and budget
- To be part of and support the wider transformation team.
- Conducts project meetings, and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of the project to multiple levels including external & internal senior management.
- Work with stakeholders and identifies and establishes priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones and ensures project is delivered to the internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in Programme management delivering multi work stream / geography.
- You will have extensive experience across the complete transformation life cycle projects & programmes from cradle to grave.
- Agile & waterfall background.
- Having wide‐ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways; having ownership of a sub‐function, account, or matrix management responsibilities
- Budget management for the programmes.
- Experience managing multiple
- Has a solid level of experience within the Programme Management; has successfully delivered large projects ideally within the Retail & wholesale sector (ideally NOT essential) environment,
- Solid understanding of project management tools, terminologies and techniques