Risk & Compliance Specialist
About the Role
My client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Risk & Compliance Specialist to join their rapidly growing team based in the Bedfordshire area.
Performs and assists in development of enterprise‐level risk management and operational compliance functions within Financial Services. Assists in establishing and maintaining risk policies and programs to ensure organizational compliance. Reviews and sets business, operational, and credit risk critera across the range of segments and products. Ensures performance tracking and evaluation. Responsible for data gathering or manipulation, report creation, system or process creation and implementation.
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), monitors complex legal/regulatory environment and emerging threats and trends in the industry, analysing impact and escalating relevant information/identified risks to Provides guidance and expert advice to less experienced team members and helps to train new team members. May support integration of segment analysis/assessments with enterprise reviews.
- Conducts assessments and validation activities to verify highly complex operational compliance, identify and evaluate gaps and manage exceptions to Collaborates with business unit and/or technical leadership for resolution and improvement to processes and procedures in case of non‐compliance. Provides input to improving GRC and technical tools. May update and review select policies and procedures.
- Creates highly complex reports and may present information to internal and external Implements report processes as identified by management. Assures accuracy and completeness of data.
- Leads highly complex project work with moderate to significant impact and frequently develops innovative Uses a variety of methods to train/engage team members and leaders throughout the business to ensure understanding of risk management and compliance principles.
- Liases extensively with technical teams to communicate and prioritize compliance and operational assurance related
- Financial Services experience (ESSENTIAL)
- Strategic Orientation
- Crytical & Analytical thinker
- Planning & organisational
- Driving change & innovation
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) Certified Anti‐Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)