Head of Data & Insight
About the Role
We are looking for an Exceptional Head of Data & Insight for a business based near Newbury. This is a fantastic opportunity and a brand new role in the organisation to lead strategic thinking on data, manage the execution of data strategy across B2B & B2C and advise the company & make recommendations relating to data optimisation.
The role is hybrid working & will have a 3/2 split home (3 days) & office (Newbury 2 days)
The main responsibilities in this role will be:
- Developing and executing the company road map for data strategy (including billing and data leakage).
- Ensuring best practice and market-leading use of all data assets, with maximum efficiency.
- Chairing and leading the data culture within the business, you will also be tasked with developing and governance of the business data control processes.
- Supporting colleagues with queries or ideas about how the company can optimise its data use.
- Working as head of a team (10FTE) as well as managing large data & usage projects
- You will ensure data strategy, and day-to-day actions, are all-encompassed within the company-wide business strategy.
- Proven experience of leading a company towards a data first & a digitally focused future.
- Sector experience preffered - Retail/ Telco/ Utilities
- Informing the business strategy through data insight
- Practical experience of statistical modelling
- In-depth awareness of commercial management and the value of data
- Knowledge and understanding of data analysis/ Large data sets
- Strong stakeholder management – the ability to work with colleagues of all levels to help the company deliver best-in-class data strategy
- Data management – Handling, modelling and processing data within all relevant legislation & governance.