Subsidence Field Surveyor
South East England
About the Role
My client is one of the UK’s leading, national Insurance brokers with a passion for delivering first class customer service. They boast numerous industry awards and offer a personal development programme and career opportunities which are difficult to beat.
This role will be based in the South East – with around an estimated 80% of the time completing field work and 20% of the time working remotely - Paying up to £40k DOE + Company car + Bens.
Responsible for providing proactive direction & technical control and decision making on a portfolio of subsidence repairs. Responsible for the production of the specification of repairs and ongoing technical direction throughout the life of the repair. To drive repairs to completion. Be a focal point for the subsidence team in relation to the technical aspects of the repair to enable them to manage their caseload of Subsidence files.
The role will also require assistance with regard to completion of first visits/diagnosis in their region and for second visits/trouble shooting on existing subsidence cases.
The role will also be key in the development of proactive processes in the Subsidence repair phase including the development of our subsidence repair network to handle our structure/subsidence repairs, working closely with our supplier management team in this respect.
Building on relationships, you will ideally have strong experience and a proven track record in multi-site management in the subsidence arena and engineering /principle designer experience for typical structural repairs.
- Excellent customer service skills and previous experience
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Complaint resolution skills and empathy
- Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems (Microsoft, bespoke packages, Excel and Word)
- Complaint Handling skills
- Ability to remain focused and prioritise workloads in line with management requests, especially during high volume periods
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills