Technical Claims Handler (Property / Drainage)
About the Role
Technical Claims Handler – (Property / Drainage industry) - Remote working - £25k DOE + Bens
This role is to act as a technical escalation point and coach within the Team (Underground Services). Support function for the Team, Team Leader and Operations Manager and run the Team when required. To carry out necessary tasks to ensure agreed targets are met. Responsible for a caseload of complex claims, as well as assisting with the development of other members of the Team.
- Act as an internal point of escalation within the Team.
- Provide feedback to ensure constant compliance with company methodology and client philosophies.
- Handle a case load of complex technical claims.
- Take the lead role in dispute situations.
- Directing of workflow and determining the correct course of action to drive claims forward.
- To manage a caseload of claims in accordance with client and company philosophies.
- Correct interpretation of FNOL instructions to determine the method of proceeding and which of the specialist PCD network to deploy.
- Technical review of survey reports – this includes interpreting policy cover, assessing appropriate repair methods and validation of scope/costs.
- Creation and delivery of technical client reports throughout the lifecycle of claims.
- Setting and maintaining financial reserves.
- Logging and managing complaints in accordance with client requirements.
- Act as an escalation point for challenging complaint cases.
- Awareness and handling of claims with fraud indicators.
- Maintaining contact with customer, clients and contractors throughout the claim.
- Ensuring comprehensive notes are recorded on all files.
- Promote the company’s core values at all times.
- Striving to receive a compliment on every claim and ensuring they are logged accurately.
- To ensure that they keep up to date with the relevant legislation.
- To promote the business by leading from within to our clients.
- Maintain a high level of claims control over the claims within their remit.
- Ensure contractors meet the goals set for them and the claims progress smoothly and quickly.
- Review, audit and sign off of internally produced reports.
- Feedback and coaching to Team members based on performance.
- Review and understanding of Management Information (MI).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in an environment requiring excellent communication, both verbal and written.
- Experience within a role requiring excellent customer service.
- Experience in insurance or a claims background and/or the underground services industry
- Technical knowledge of underground services claims (desirable, but not essential)