Property Claims Evaluator
About the Role
Property Claims Evaluator - Remote working - £24k DOE + Bens
To facilitate the audit process ensuring that the business meets its strategic aims of quality and compliance. Conducting audits and fact finding under the direction of the Business Standards Manager using an in-depth knowledge of the process to establish the facts and suggest changes to normal processes that will benefit the business. Also conduct in depth reviews on dispute cases to ensure we defend as much as possible our position.
- Conduct internal audits (electronic and file-based) to asses and provide independent assurance that the claim risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
- Carry out all the aspects of internal audits and dispute reviews in line with direction from the Business Standards Manager.
- Prepare and present reports (verbal and written) that reflect the audit results and findings of dispute reviews, following Company values in a professional, clear and concise manner.
- Conduct follow up audits and monitor remedial action.
- Identify risks and opportunities to improve and make recommendations to help manage and control such risks and support the business’s approach to continuous improvement.
- Maintain open communication with management and auditees.
- Conduct any reviews or tasks requested by management, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function.
- Complete periodic holistic review, using Complaint and Feedback RCA (justified and unjustified) data together with Audit data.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Supportive to colleagues.
- Self-starter with a positive and motivated approach.
- Constantly looking to develop own skills and is open to feedback.
- A professional and pragmatic style in line with our Company Culture and Values.
- An investigative and inquisitive approach.
- Solves problems and uses own experience to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- In depth insurance and building technical competencies.
- Level of compliance and enterprise risk knowledge desirable