Analytics Manager (Data Science)
About the Role
Our Client is looking to source an experienced Analytics Manager (Data Science) with a strong experience & ability to build industry leading products to support the business and clients people strategy.
Role is home based with occasional travel to company & client sites.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading brand and join their Analytics practice - Which works will clients globally. You will be building anlytical tool sets, lead & develop the business analytic proposition & capabilities.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and organised individual who can work on their own initiative but is also influential in bringing others along a journey (internal & external stakeholders) towards the successful delivery of any high level analytics & commercial activity for the business and clients projects.
- Takes overall ownership for all aspects of analytics projects and large work streams from initiation to delivery, so that projects are completed on time, to the required scope & objectives, and within budget.
- Lead data scientists & data engineers to build the analytics products for the business.
- Acts as a liaison with other areas in the organisation to secure specialise resources and contributions for the projects -
- Coaching the data science team in any technical and soft skills required, from the initial product brief, data manipulation, data science / machine learning, app development and finally commercial implementation.
- Designs, communicates, manages and implements the plan for completing the project, and tracks progress and performance against Identifies, resolves, or escalates issues and risks in order to ensure full awareness and to minimise delays.
- Work with the wider global data teams to utilise the organisations cloud based analytics platforms.
- Conducts product project meetings, and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of the project to multiple levels including external & internal senior management.
- Extensive experience in Product Project management delivering multi work stream / geography. New business data product implementations (i.e. people analytics VIA Predictive modelling).
- Having wide‐ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways; having ownership of a sub‐function, account, or matrix management responsibilities
- Technical understanding of analytics tools, techniques, strategy; Extensive experience of designing & delivering data and analytics projects for businesses.
- Skills required: SQL, R, Python, Azure & use of big data frameworks and visualisation tools including Power BI.
- Has a solid level of experience within the PM field; has successfully delivered large analytics projects.
- Solid understanding of project management tools, terminologies and techniques (Agile & waterfall methodologies).