Transformation Project Manager
About the Role
Our Client is looking to source an experienced Transformation Project Manager with a strong experience in end to end delivery based preferably in commuting distance of the West Midlands.
Role is currently home based with occasional travel to site in Staffordshire (if required) - The business are following the government road-map and the role will eventually become a 70/30 (home/ office position).
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading brand and join an inspirational leader and be part of a new chapter for the organisation.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and organised individual who can work on their own initiative but is also influential in bringing others along a journey towards the successful delivery of any programme of work they are responsible for, spanning a multitude of work streams.
The role for a Project Manager will be to join a NEW transformation programme team, implementing a new processes, people initiatives, technology. Joining the successful team of Programme managers, Project Managers and Business Analysts, the role is suited to an experienced Project Manager with proven experience in delivering projects within a Retail & OR Wholesale sector.
- Takes overall ownership for all aspects of projects and large work streams from initiation to delivery, so that projects are completed on time, to the required scope & objectives, and within budget.
- Is seen as the point of contact / subject matter expert for their projects / work streams with the accountability and authority to deliver. Acts as a liaison with other areas in the organisation to secure specialise resources and contributions for the projects.
- Designs, communicates, manages and implements the plan for completing the project, and tracks progress and performance against Identifies, resolves, or escalates issues and risks in order to ensure full awareness and to minimise delays.
- Leads and manages the analysis of project requirements, identifies and understands the cost estimates, resources, and time required to complete the project(s), and ensures project goals and requirements are met within time, cost, and quality.
- Conducts project meetings, and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of the project to multiple levels including external & internal senior management.
- Work with stakeholders and identifies and establishes priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones and ensures project is delivered to the internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in Project management delivering multi work stream / geography. New business implementations at a middle to senior level and can demonstrate tangible successes in delivering previous implementation / change / Transformation initiatives.
- Having wide‐ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways; having ownership of a sub‐function, account, or matrix management responsibilities
- Experience managing large scale projects £10-15+ Million.
- Has a solid level of experience within the PM field; has successfully delivered large projects within the Retail & wholesale sector (ideally NOT essential) environment,
- Solid understanding of project management tools, terminologies and techniques