Senior Data Analyst
About the Role
The role of Data Insights Analyst is responsible for the creation and ongoing production of business intelligence reports for the business and their clients. In addition, you will deliver operational insights analysis to assist with continuous improvement and identify clinical trends.
** This role is office based 2 – 3 days PW or full time depending on preference **
You will apply your expert technical specialism in analytics and data analysis to generate sophisticated insight which will have a major impact on business decisions such as developing new services.
You’ll work with the Head of Resource Optimisation and other teams to develop a data collection strategy and data analysis capability that answers business-critical questions.
Reporting to the Head of Resource Planning you will support the delivery of Management Information reports produced according to regular cycles and requests to enable accurate and timely business decision making, invoicing and adherence to internal and client key performance indicators.
The Senior Data Insights Analyst will provide line management to other Data Insight Analysts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly report creation, production and analysis tasks according to priorities and schedules agreed with the Head of Resource Planning and the rest of the business
- Use data to analyse existing business processes in order to identify alternative solutions and recommend new approaches for both internal and external intelligence
- Provide guidance and training to members of the operational team of the effective use of data and tools to drive improved business performance.
- Attend and lead on insights delivery and requirements gathering at specified meetings
- Work closely with the MI Team, sharing knowledge of tools, methodologies and techniques to ensure best practice across the business
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
- Advanced computer literacy including experience of using MS Excel to connect to external data sources and constructing large/complex data sets and able to present data through presentational packs
- Significant experience of analysing data from a range of sources
- Significant experience of working with stakeholders to define hypotheses and relevant analytical approaches to test them
- Experienced in using BI tools such as Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau or Qlik, and very familiar with MI concepts, practices and procedures
- Significant experience and knowledge of SQL
- Excellent problem-solving skills - be a logical thinker and have an analytical mind.