Operations Manager (Back Office)
About the Role
We have a new role for an Operations Manager to lead a sizeable back office processing team spread across multiple locations (all within reachable distance). With local site Managers and Leaders reporting to the successful individual, this role will be focussed on optimising resources in the teams to ensure SLAs and KPIs are met and creating an environment that drives continuous customer, colleague and cost improvement.
This role is responsible for direct the delivery of performance to meet the needs of the business, providing effective leadership for the function and participating in business strategy and projects as a key member of the senior management team.
You will be a people and customer champion and will have the following responsibilities:
- To inspirationally lead the geographically diverse sites, ensuring the pursuit of the common goal to deliver SLAs and KPIs.
- To understand and demonstrate control of the risks that impact on the business.
- Work with peers to proactively identify opportunities and innovations in the end to end customer journey to improve customer experience whilst reducing the operational cost base.
- Improve colleague experience through enhanced management support and communication.
- Operate effective operational controls and ensure risks are understood and proactively mitigated.
- Deliver to agreed financial budget and FTE numbers across all sites.
- Work with the teams to improve processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and service delivery to the businesses customers.
- Ensure that the team adheres to defined practice and procedures to maintain consistent and compliant quality of output in line with Company, Industry and legal requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years in a line management role ideally within a business which has a sizeable back office element.
- Experience of process improvement across multiple streams
- Experience of working with clients and customers to understand and address pain points in process and furthermore a background in process improvement to mitigate.
- Excellent organisation skills including, planning and managing resources
- Strong communication and excellent relationship management abilities
- Analytical mindset