North West England
About the Role
We’re seeking multiple experienced Commercial Underwriter to provide a wide range of support/ service delivery within a commercial lending environment. Ideally you will have a credit management or underwriting background. You will be responsible for assessment and underwriting new commercial applications.
The role is a WFH with occasional travel to client site as and when required.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading brand and join an experienced Credit team. This organisation in renowned for providing exceptional support to employees and customers.
- Underwrite commercial lending applications, further loans, and loan amendments in line with the business lending policy, risk, responsible lending, and other regulatory principles.
- Ensure that accurate and detailed loan affordability assessments are completed
- Ensure all appropriate evidence documentation required to support the lending applications are held in line with lending policy minimum requirements
- Review & interpret financial accounting information As and when required
- Reviewing all valuation reports and deal with post valuation queries on a case by case basis
- Identify early warning signs of financial distress and report when required
- You will have a Commercial Credit/ Underwriting background
- considerable experience in commercial lending and highly developed credit & risk awareness skills.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the principles of Responsible Lending & Conduct Risk
- Be familiar with and able to apply relevant lending law & practice
- Demonstrate strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a confident and pragmatic approach with ability to exercise judgement and discretion where appropriate