Head of Digital Portfolio
About the Role
Our Client is looking to source an experienced Head of Digital Portfolio with a strong experience in digital transformation based preferably in commuting distance of the West Midlands.
Role is currently home based with occasional travel to site in Staffordshire (when required) - The business are following the government road-map and the role will eventually become a 50/50 (home/ office position).
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading brand and join an inspirational leader and be part of a new chapter for the organisation.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and organised individual who can work on their own initiative but is also influential in bringing others along a journey towards the successful delivery of any programme of work they are responsible for, spanning a multitude of work streams.
The role for a Digital Portfolio Manager will be to join a NEW transformation programme team, shaping & implementing the business digital transformation plan. This role is part of the senior leadership team within the business including -Director of Strategy, IT, CEX & Digital Directors.
- Takes overall ownership for all aspects of Digital projects and large work streams from initiation to delivery, so that projects are completed on time, to the required scope & objectives, and within budget.
- Ensuring the customers and employees are at the heart of everything we implement & change.
- Designs, communicates, manages and implements the digital strategy & governance plan for completing all digital projects, and tracks progress and performance against Identifies, resolves, or escalates issues and risks in order to ensure full awareness and to minimise delays.
- Take all digital transformation from cradle to grave - lead and manage the analysis of digital project requirements, identifies and understands the cost estimates, resources, and time required to complete the project(s), and ensures all project goals and requirements are met within time, cost, and quality.
- Set up portfolio governance for the digital programmes & projects - engaging cross functional teams where appropriate
- Define & own the portfolio budget - making sure you manage the costings effectively to come inside of agreed parameters.
- Work with stakeholders and identifies and establishes priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones and ensures project is delivered to the internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in Portfolio management - Methodology & governance.
- Digital transformation experience is Essential.
- Digital design & product development life cycle experience.
- Having wide‐ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways; having ownership of a sub‐function, account, or matrix management responsibilities
- Experience managing product portfolio - defining & managing plans & road maps.
- Has a solid level of experience within the Programme & PM field; has successfully delivered large projects within the Retail & wholesale sector (ideally NOT essential) environment,
- Solid understanding of project management tools, terminologies and techniques