North West England
About the Role
The role of BI Analyst is responsible for the creation and ongoing production of business Insight & MI reports for the business and their clients. In addition, you will deliver operational insights analysis to assist with continuous improvement and identify trends & anomalies.
** This role is hybrid working - with some office travel in the North West **
You will apply your expert technical analysis and data analysis to generate insight which will have a major impact on business decisions such as developing new services.
Delivery of Business Insight reports produced according to regular cycles and requests to enable accurate and timely business decision making & adherence to internal and client key performance indicators.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly report creation, production and analysis tasks according to priorities and schedules agreed with the rest of the business
- Use data to analyse existing business processes in order to identify alternative solutions and recommend new approaches for both internal and external BI & MI intelligence
- Provide guidance and training to members of the operational team of the effective use of data and tools to drive improved business performance.
- Attend and lead on insights delivery and requirements gathering at specified meetings
- Work closely with the wider MI & BI Team, sharing knowledge of tools, methodologies and techniques to ensure best practice across the business
- Advanced computer literacy including experience of using MS Excel to connect to external data sources and constructing large/complex data sets and able to present data through presentational packs
- Significant experience and knowledge of SQL & PowerBI
- Significant experience of analysing data from a range of sources
- Significant experience of working with stakeholders to define hypotheses and relevant analytical approaches to test them
- Experienced in using (STORM ACD, Teli Opti - WFM) and very familiar with MI practices and procedures would be advantageous
- Excellent problem-solving skills - be a logical thinker and have an analytical mind.