Trainee Property Surveyor
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an In Flight Property Network Surveyor to join a busy team, working alongside the In flight team, in order to learn the skills and complete required training for the role. Training will include practical on-the-job experience through working alongside experience property surveyors. Together with training courses, some of which will be delivered internally (eg. Safety Training)– so that by the end of the one-year training period the Trainee will be qualified to take on a Network Surveyor role.
Note that this role involves field work, which will include working outdoors, standing for long periods and, often, walking long distances.
- Surveying 3rd party utility infrastructure.
- Dealing with customers on a face-to-face basis.
- Conducting duct and chamber inspection to determine feasibility for use.
- Validating network designs.
- Delivering survey or validation results
- Completing survey reports
- Good communication skills.
- Overhead and underground knowledge of BT (essential)
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and work as part of a team
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) skills
- Can do attitude regarding changes to survey information requests.
- Attention to Detail.
- Confident and proficient with technology
- Interest in FTTP would be desirable
- Full valid driving licence.
- SA001 Overhead Safety (Desirable)
- SA002 Underground Safety (Desirable)
- O1 Signing, guarding a lighting (Street Works)
- CSCS Card
- NRSWA certificate for operatives (Mandatory)
- Experience of PIA (essential)