About the Role
We are sourcing an experienced Content Manager for our client a leading ecommerce / retail brand - This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing company in a fast-changing and exciting industry. You will be tasked with leading the creation of great content to engage customers, increase sales and grow Brand awareness.
** This is a Hybrid Role with 3 days working in the Office and 2 from Home **
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key member of the brand marketing team, deputising for the Head of Brand when needed.
- Developing and overseeing the content strategy. Delivering content with purpose - optimised by channel to attract new members and meet different member needs and journeys.
- Owning the overall content plan. Work with marketing managers to provide content recommendations for campaigns. Staying aware and agile to ‘not on the plan’ opportunities e.g. PR or social.
- Prioritising of internal and external capacity. Manage content resources, including our team of editors and content producers as well as overseeing external commissioning (editorial, video, photography, live appearances, supplier assets and involvement etc.)
- Overseeing all content produced. Briefing requirements. Developing concepts. Reviewing work. Acting as brand guardian ensuring content is on brand and on brief across all touchpoints. Developing tone of voice and ensuring brand consistency. Working with content producers in other teams to keep all content aligned to strategy and on-brand (e.g. social team, buyers)
- Content measurement and reporting. Driving the performance of content, ensuring value is delivered. Improving our understanding of members’ content wants and needs and making sure our plan meets these. Finding and using the right tools and partners to produce and monitor content.
- Creating a team culture of creativity, collaboration, accountability, curiosity, and continuous improvement. Development and welfare of the Content team. Recruitment of new team members.
- Hands-on support for the team with content projects where needed e.g. video shoots or proof-reading.
Essential skills / Experience Required:
- Graduate Level Education
- Sizeable experience managing content creation in a fast paced environment
- Great knowledge of Microsoft Office suite - Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Significant Experience in Journalism, marketing and / or PR position.
- Incredible attention to detail: strong writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills
- Communication - able to communicate information and ideas clearly and articulately - written, spoken - to any audience.
- Multitasker / organisational skills – strong organisational and planning skills. Comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities. Leads team to deliver.
- Creative thinker and problem solver – does not take the status quo as the only way to do things, takes inspiration from lots of sources, challenges thinking.
- Experience Managing fast paced and changing content production schedules
- Good knowledge of optimising content for PR/social media platforms
- Change management and experience of long-term strategy development.
- Content analytics and reporting.