Commercial and Business Planning Manager (FTC)
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Commercial and Business Planning Manager to join a fantastic, well established business on a FTC until November 2023.
This role is based on-site in Southampton
The Successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of revenue growth and optimisation strategies including maximising return on investment from international source markets including the management of commercial tools such as promotions, commissions, pricing structures, revenue development and revenue control.
- Lead a team of analysts responsible for the delivery of commercial tools (commissions, promotions, pricing, groups, business terms) and A&P investment strategies that deliver revenue growth.
- The team is also responsible for conducting and providing analysis and insight into business opportunities and challenges as well as being the commercial business partners for respective regions.
- Interpret data and trends and effectively communicate complex analysis in regular updates to senior management, participate in key steering meetings and influence the decision-making process through objective feedback from critical analysis and industry knowledge.
- Develop and manage strategic / tactical commercial tools including international promotions, pricing structures, incentive programs (employee & trade) from implementation, iteration, and review.
- Manage the execution of the international sourcing strategy, through data driven decision making coupled with relevant industry & regional knowledge.
- Translate global company needs into local market activities that are meaningful (work in these markets), are set up for success, grows revenue and avoids revenue dilution.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual budget setting process, including return on investment analysis, forecasts and other commercial/financial updates and reviews. Identify process improvements and align international offices.
- Manage and review critical revenue/financial controls and investigate causes and mitigate as well as identifying opportunities for improvement in existing processes.
- Understand the competitive environment by conducting regular Industry and Competition analysis, using this competitive intelligence to drive the execution of products, price, promotions, and ancillary products.
- Create and maintain cross-functional relationships to ensure alignment on business planning and strategies.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.Key Skills Required:
- University or business school bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance/accounting, tourism management or comparable.
- Multiple years proven experience in a comparable area, reporting, commercial, revenue or finance role and successful delivery of projects and ability to track and monitor initiatives that deliver tangible business results.
- Experience in the travel sector is essential.
- Self-starter, with the ability to both define and execute strategies and projects.
- Background in an analytical role, using analysis and financial understanding to drive decisions.
- Strong project management skills, highly motivated, strategic thinker with an ability to lead a strategy/project from design to implementation.
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of direct sales, trade sales and marketing execution tactics and strategies.
- Expert knowledge of analytical techniques and reporting tools including Excel, Tableau, Business Object and SQL.