Collections Team leader
About the Role
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Collections Team Leader for a fantastic, well established, exciting business based in the Bicester area.
This is a great opportunity and ideal for anyone currently in a Collections Team Leader role and keen to work in a more progressive and supportive environment.
Main focus of this role is to - Motivate and inspire the team to success through ongoing quality assessment, coaching and mentoring; ensuring that the team delivers the best possible performance and remains compliant whilst promoting a positive and engaging working environment.
This role is Monday to Friday office based.
Key tasks -
- Analyse, interpret, and report on team performance being able to analyse cause and effect and be able to implement changes to achieve company objectives. Reporting progress to the Collection Manager with an appropriate action plan when required
- Deliver effective monthly performance reviews and probationary reviews, ensuring appropriate SMART objectives and succession planning are in place
- Support the business to achieve operational efficiencies through digital first. Review team and departmental policies and processes to identify efficiencies and improved working practices to deliver an engaging customer experience which minimises bad debt write offs
- Create effective professional relationships with key stakeholders across the business and externally.
- Work closely with colleagues to share best practice and create awareness of department issues throughout the business
- Take responsibility for resolving escalated customer complaints through mutual resolution
- Work closely with HR on all aspects of people management including workload planning, recruitment, absence management, attrition, and disciplinary meetings
- Works as one team to drive and support company culture
Key Objectives -
- Understand the triggers for debt and manage a team of Collection Advisors Legal proceedings and insolvency
- Effective problem-solving skills and able to analyse data to make timely and strategic decisions to improve collections
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence through self-awareness, resilience, positive attitude, personal integrity, empathy, self-management, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Translates the business strategic aims into achievable goals and sets direction for the team and be able to delegate effectively
- Highly organised with a flexible and adaptable approach to working and the ability to cope with frequently changing environment, often multi-tasking
- Proactive and innovative approach in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement that will add value to the business
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft Office, in particular word, outlook, excel, PowerPoint