Please use the search to find another job.
Health & Safety Lead - Office Based
About the Role
We’re looking for a Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Lead to join our clients Facilities team based on-site in Salisbury or Salisbury.
You’ll play a crucial role in providing support and oversight to the business regarding Health, Safety, Environment, and compliance of those areas. Working with the Facilities Manager ensuring Company policies, risk assessments, training and health and safety activities are appropriately reviewed, developed, monitored, and implemented to support the delivery of our core activities and provide assurance regarding compliance.
This is a 12 month FTC but could potentially go Perm, paying up to £40k DOE + Benefits!
- Inputting to the management and maintenance of the Health & Safety Management system, responsible for ensuring the highest levels of regulatory compliance for Health, Safety and Environment, including effective implementation of policies and standards.
- Ensuring Health & Safety and Environmental management systems for the Business are appropriate, maintained and applied effectively with any issues identified, actions delivered and escalation where needed.
- Undertaking regular site SHEQ inspections and assist the site teams with closing out issues that are identified during inspections and audits.
- Taking responsibility for the management and implementation of rigorous risk management systems.
- Effectively supporting on the implementation of Health & Safety and Environmental Policy arrangements and associated standards (ISO 14001, 45001 and 50001) where applicable
- Working with the Facilities Manager to develop HSE improvement plans and investment strategy
You’ll enjoy working within a fast-paced and varied environment that gives you the opportunity to use your organisational and time management skills to multi-task. Professional with a proactive approach, you’ll take great pride in your ability to ensure that our offices are safe, well-oiled machines that enable our people to do their best work.
You’ll enjoy working as part of a supportive multi-site team, leading and learning from your colleagues, and building strong working relationships throughout the business, sharing knowledge and suggesting solutions. You’ll feel pride in your team being the face of the business and understand the importance your roles play in setting their culture apart from the crowd.
You will also need:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety (or equivalent)
- IEMA Certificate OR Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (or equivalent).
- Project management skills would be beneficial with previous experience of implementing new policies and procedures
- A strong understanding of improvement processes, tools and capability building
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental good practice and control expectations
- Experience within a Continuous Improvement role